NOTE — I just found this post languishing in drafts! I wonder what it was doing there or if I missed something? Either way, it’s beyond time to post it!
I’ve already detailed all of my vintage sewing in Part 1 so now here is the rest of what came off the stitch plate.
All of my sewing with vintage half sized patterns has continued to disenchant me with modern patterns. But I did use a few in 2016. One was a Burda for the kid’s jacket from vintage fabric that I already mentioned in Part 1. The others were….
Weekend Doris Dress by The Lazy Seamstress (coincidently I’m wearing the tunic and the same leggings from Walmart right now. I was mixed on this pattern but it is comfy. Linden Sweatshirt by Grainline Studios A matching shirt for Uno from a tutorial by Mimi and TaraI also finished this UFO from 2015, another dress from New Look 6889 (a personal favorite pattern.On the historical front, I didn’t get anywhere close to the 11+ dresses and garments on my 2016 to do wish list. That’s not really a surprise but I thought I might make at least one new Victorian gown. I finally made a chemise from Truly Victorian 102 to give me a complete set of Victorian underwear.I also made a new TV 101 to replace my original. After that I switched gears and started sewing a Regency wardrobe. This was a new era for me and I felt really daunted by it.
First I made a day dress from Laughing Moon 126 and beretAn evening dress from the same pattern using a vintage sari.And a bonnet hackI played with making a new Victorian bodice but it didn’t come together. At least one new Victorian gown is on the decks for 2017. I’m over due to update that era in my wardrobe!
On the pure costuming front, I made wizard robes for my niece and nephew. That was a Christmas surprise!
A pretty good year I would say!