It’s New Years Day. Some of my decorations are down. I’ve spent my day relatively hangover free in my pajamas. Soon I will be eating cornbread, black eyed peas and collards, the traditional southern New Year’s meal. Tomorrow it’s back to reality but today is for relaxing, prepping and taking stock.
I’m pretty shocked how much sewing I actually accomplished for the Vintage Pledge! My 2016 goals were are follows:
- Sew five different vintage (not repro) patterns
- Make one item from vintage fabric
- Sew my vintage UFOs from 2015
And here are my final tallies:
- Sewed eight different vintage (not repro) patterns / one repro pattern
- Made two garments from vintage fabric
- Sewed two of my vintage UFOs from 2015 (I think there is only one left!)
In the end, I made 13 dresses, 3 blouses, 1 kid’s jacket and 2 hats. That is only what applied to the Vintage Pledge! I also made a couple of other garments and historical gear that I will cover in Part 2.
So what were all these things?
Kid’s Jacket for a little girl named George from vintage 70s George Washington fabric and a modern Burda pattern.Simplicity Dress from 1973Both views of Simplicity 3010 from 1959Simplicity 4777 from 1963Simplicity 9562 from 1981Simplicity 5940 from 1965A Star Wars Patio Dress based off of Simplicity 5940A vintage Princess Daisy Cosplay from based on Simplicity 3442A vintage Pokeman trainer / Aqua Scout Uniform from Patt-O-Rama 8311 and an 80s garrison cap tutorial. I’m here with my whole troop.McCalls 3053 from 1953, a 2015 UFO which was also a fail dress.Simplicity 6243 from 1965, a 2015 UFO made from a vintage sheetA formal version of Simplicity 6243Mod Christmas dress from Simplicity 8844 from 1970Hat from McCall’s 8452 from 1966Three blouses from Simplicity Retro 2154
I’m surprised at my totals. I was really prolific in 2016. I had no idea!